Recent Cleaning Posts
Cleaning and Sanitization Guide to Handle COVID-19 Spread
Img Credit: www.healtheuropa.eu/
COVID-19 pandemic hit us quite severely recently, and we can still feel the after-effects of the damage it caused. While many of us took the matter seriously, some people did not respond to the danger in the way they should have. Governments, health agencies and concerned authorities created awareness worldwide to create awareness of the issue and practice safety measures. However, the danger of COVID-19 has not passed as we prepare for a potential second wave. Since our first encounter, we took steps to save ourselves and loved ones from the effects by taking COVID-19 cleaning practices.
The world still has much to do in terms of handling the effects of COVID-19 and its future happenings. As the researches commence, we know that the transmission happens through respiratory systems or contaminated surfaces. The virus survives on the surface for a few hours to a few days depending on its severity. However, a piece of good news is that we can handle the virus by removing it from high touch point surfaces with simple disinfectants.
Keeping a habitable place, sanitized and disinfected was an essential factor. COVID-19 cleaning, in this aspect, has a far higher value than before. Various professional cleaning services have emphasized its importance and have offered ways to eradicate the effects. Let us discuss the importance of cleanliness during the post-COVID era and understand its effectiveness.
Why is Sanitization Important?
During the era of COVID, the value and importance of sanitization have increased drastically. However, do not confuse sanitization with cleaning. Dusting, mopping, sweeping and wiping grime form surface is the part of cleaning. Sanitization is the elimination of bacteria and viruses. You can clean anytime you want, however, if you consider COVID-19 cleaning, then sanitization is a necessary part of the process. Using a product that sanitizes has better effects in reducing viruses of specific types, thus making the area safe. That is why sanitization is a necessary aspect for facilities like hospitals, restaurants, health care facilities, shopping malls, gyms, schools and other areas.
People need to go out for work or other activities that make the factor of sanitization even more critical. Staying indoor and practicing full safety measures ensures that you reduce the risk of effects from the virus.
Know the Difference between Cleaning and Sanitizing
When it comes to the generalization of these two terms, it is not just about semantics. Both these methods have distinct features to remove dust, dirt and germs accordingly.
Cleaning is the physical way of clearing dirt, dust, debris and other visible contaminations using soap, water and household items. Cleaning makes the environment and air clean but couldn’t eradicate germs completely. Sanitization, on the other hand, means that you lower the level of germs, bacteria and viruses to a level set by standards. COVID-19 cleaning means cleaning surfaces using various methods and then disinfecting or sanitizing it to eradicate the presence of the virus.
High Contact Surfaces We Should Clean and Sanitize
Regularly cleaning, disinfecting and sanitizing high contact surfaces is a necessary aspect for both homeowners and business setting. For COVID-19 cleaning, use products and agents approved by health and safety authorities for maximum effectiveness. Alternatively, use automatic opening doors or other methods to reduce contact with surfaces. In short, routine cleaning with warm water and sanitizing with an approved product will ensure the surface remains safe to contact. Some of the highest contact surfaces that you need to keep in mind include:
- Handles and light switches
- Faucets and sinks
- Touch screens
The cleaning and sanitization of these surfaces is a crucial aspect to keep them safe occupant or employee use. Professional cleaning companies like SERVPRO North Vancouver use approved products and methods to keep high-risk surfaces free from infecting anyone. Professionals also emphasize on regular hand washing before and after touching a surface to reduce risks.
Use Right Products
Another vital part of the COVID-19 cleaning process is the use of the right products. While cleaning is easy using simple water and soap, sanitization needs utilization of products approved by health and safety standards. With the abundance of products in the market, the selection of the right sanitizing material becomes difficult. To make sure that you receive maximum effectiveness, consult the list of products stated in EPA lists. Many products claim to remove viruses; however, use the ones that regulate disinfectants and sanitize according to standard levels.
COVID-19 cleaning is a challenging process that needs special consideration to remain effective. While we follow general guidelines for safety like wearing masks or washing hands, sanitizing and disinfection is also essential. Businesses and homeowners need to ensure proper practices by having a professional cleaning company handle all the issues. Stay safe and healthy by practicing safety measure for yourself and your loved ones.
Professional Cleaning Services – Reasons and Benefits to Hire Them
Img Credit: https://www.SERVPROnorthvancouver.com/
A clean and nicely organized home always feels welcoming and warm, not only for visitors but also for the occupants. As a homeowner, you have a busy schedule, and you want to head home for a well-deserved rest. You want your premises to be as clean and tidy as possible for a better living condition. However, you will feel overwhelmed or frustrated if you come home and find the place a mess. Issues like a water leak in Vancouver homes or other cleaning activities remain neglected because of lack of time to focus. Services offered by professional cleaning companies brings much convenience for homeowners. These service providers have become a suitable solution for busy homeowners, senior citizens, working moms and others.
Reasons to Hire Their Services
Cleaning companies have the expertise to handle all aspects related, such as mold removal to providing fire damage restoration services in Vancouver. Some of the most compelling reasons that show the value addition these services offer for residential and commercial settings include:
Safety of your health and the other occupants is a necessary aspect. You need to keep the premises clean at all times to ensure the elimination of allergens and improving air quality. Small issues like water leaks in Vancouver homes or major ones like fire or flood damage ultimately affect the health conditions for occupants. All problems, minor or significant, give rise to underlying issues that pose a health risk. A professional cleaning company ensure that they take all the necessary steps to make the premises safe for everyone.
The use of adequate equipment makes all the difference for cleaning activity. Cleaning companies use quality equipment like dusters, vacuum cleaners or other tools to make the cleaning process better. Their expertise, combined with the use of right tools gives splendid results.
Companies that offer fire damage restoration services in Vancouver or other cleaning jobs practice utmost professionalism. They have industry experience that enables them to use the latest techniques and assessment for maximum effectiveness. They also have professionally trained teams that have the knowledge to handle every aspect of the task.
Benefits of Hiring Professional Cleaners
- For most people who work for long hours or have a busy schedule, cleaning services offer time-saving benefits. People usually do not have the time engage in cleaning activities and need someone that can commence cleaning in no time. Such companies have flexible slots that can accommodate your schedule that works as an additional benefit
- Professional cleaning services use tools and techniques to give you a cleaning activity needed. Their professionalism and expertise consumes less time and gives you peace of mind. You do not have to feel burdened or fatigued knowing that these professionals gave everything in control
- Professional cleaners keep your premises in the best condition by using related techniques for cleaning. For instance: they assess for water leaks in Vancouver homes and then take adequate measures to mitigate them
- Cleaning services offered by professional companies use environmentally friendly products that pose no threat to health. Whether it is a residential or office setting, clean environment improves health conditions for everyone present
- A cleaning activity by professional company leaves that place looking visually appealing. Such an appearance leaves an impression on guests or helps increase morale on a professional setting
Services Offered by Cleaning Companies
Professional cleaning companies have expertise in various services that include:
Fire damage restoration services in Vancouver is the one where professionals handle cleaning activity after the fire. Fires damages all the possessions that come in its way and leaves soot, smoke odor and debris as an aftermath. Not to mention, the water that firefighters use to put it out also need proper cleaning. Professional services have the expertise to clean all the dirt left by fire, clear soot, remove smoke odor and restore the property.
Water damage in homes or any other places can happen due to various reasons such as water leaks in Vancouver homes, floods, and heavy rainfall or clogged drains. Stagnant water makes its way into foundations to weaken structural integrity or increase humidity. Professional cleaners remove, dry and sanitize a space to prevent the development of mold or microorganisms.
Mold and algae make their way into places that have moisture and abundance of darkness. Professional cleaning companies identify the cause of growth and eliminate it from its roots. They address causes and effects to prevent any unexpected growth in the future.
Professional companies also offer general cleaning services like carpet cleaning, storm damage mitigation, sanitization, disinfection and special services for commercial settings.
Issues like water leaks in Vancouver homes to fire and water restoration needs special attention of professionals. Addressing the issue on your own will leave devastating results. Have a professional company handle all the issues to leave your premises clean and tidy.
Presence of Bad Odour in Home: Sources and Tips to Remove
Image Credit: https://www.realtor.com
Odour is the result of volatile chemical compounds present in a low concentration that people can perceive by smelling. Odour can be pleasant or unpleasant, but in most cases, it is associated with bad smell. Therefore, people try to get rid of bad-smelling odour so they can lie in peace and use every means necessary. Odours can spread very quickly that can result in people scattering away if not treated timely. As a homeowner, you can take care of odours by using an air freshener or scented candles. Hiring professional services for odour removal in Vancouver is always a good idea to identify the source and eradicate the foul smell.
Professional restoration in Vancouver, BC, like SERVPRO North Vancouver has the accessibility to penetrate into the source of the odour and eliminate the unpleasant smell. Our technicians are also trained in using various chemical agents to avoid bleaching or damage to structural integrity while keeping your premises smelling suitable for long.
Reasons for Odour in Homes
The presence of bad smell in homes is not a rare phenomenon, and most people are oblivious of what causes such odours. Sometimes it is due to bad lifestyle or the presence of microorganisms. There are various reasons for odour presence in your home, some of which are as shown below:
Pets are our furry friends that we consider as a part of our family; however, the sad part is that they are a significant contributor to a bad smell in homes. Pet urine smell is something that you cannot quickly eliminate. Pet hair and dander also causes odour inside homes while clearing the smell off wood floors is almost impossible. Professional odour removal in Vancouver take pets as a significant source of bad smell and recommend pet training to urinate outside rather than on the carpet.
While the presence of moisture is a good thing, too much of it is very damaging for structure and produces a foul smell. Moisture can make its ways into your clothes and leave a bad smell in the room. It can also cause wooden frames to deteriorate, grow mould and cause odour. Moisture caused due to non-clearance of pet urine on carpets or rugs can also be a source of bad smell.
Unclean and dusty air ducts also create a foul smell inside your home. Ducts and vents circulate air throughout the house, and dirty ducts mean the scent is present in every corner of the home. Over time, these ducts become a breeding ground for bacteria, worms; microorganisms etc. and affect the air quality. Services for restoration in Vancouver, BC, consider cleaning air ducts as a first step towards eradication of bad odour.
Sewage Problems and Water Damage
Another source of foul smell is a clogged sewage line that causes dirty water to seep through without notice. Drying of sewage lines can also cause the buildup of harmful gases that spread throughout your home. In addition, if you have any water damage in the past like flood or leakage, this can cause an accumulation of moisture that becomes a breeding ground for mould and mildew, causing a foul smell. Odour removal in Vancouver considers water leakage as a source and use equipment to keep the area dry and repair any leakage of water or sewage lines in homes.
Tips to Remove Odour
Lingering bad odour causes unpleasant living conditions that homeowners want to remove. We have some professional tips that you can use to prevent odour in the home until service for odour removal in Vancouver arrives to eradicate it from the source. Some of these tips are as shown below:
- Regularly clean the insides of your home with aromatic deodorizing agents to keep the smell at bay. While the scent will remain until you eradicate the source, regular cleaning will ensure that the living area remains pleasant until a professional service can remove the cause of the bad smell
- Always make sure that you take out the trash every day and not leave it in the kitchen or near air ducts. The aroma will spread all through the home. Use garbage bags to collect daily trash and put it outside for the collectors to take it away.
- If you have past flooding or water leakage present, call restoration in Vancouver, BC, to immediately to clear the moisture present. Moisture can cause mould to grow, and they create lousy smell in clusters. Professional restoration services can also identify possible areas of mould growth and effectively remove them to improve air quality
- Carpets and rugs can be a significant source of bad smell as they can grow mould in the presence of moisture or soak pet urine, thus giving off disgusting smell in the room. You can opt for cleaning the carpet yourself, but it is a good idea to hire odour removal in Vancouver to clean them professionally
- Smoking does not usually cause bad smells, and you can use air fresheners and scented candles to get rid of the tobacco smell. However, if your room is exposed to smoking regularly, the smell will take its place in the room and will be challenging to mitigate. Try to smoke outside your home to keep the air inside clean, healthy and pleasant
Benefits of Hiring Professional Odour Removal in Vancouver
- You receive a service composed of skilled professionals who know how to handle and treat odour sources
- They create an atmosphere of safe and healthy environment by removing the unpleasant smell
- Services for restoration in Vancouver, BC, like SERVPRO North Vancouver are reliable in their services and use treatment methods that pose no threat to both the environment and occupants
- They know modern methods to get rid of odours and will make your home the way it was before
- They provide quick and efficient service for odour removal by utilizing needed skills and expertise. They have mastered their service and have experience in dealing with any type of issue
Presence of odour in the home is always an unpleasant experience that needs immediate mitigation. Services of odour removal in Vancouver are professionals that can quickly identify and eradicate foul smells and prevent it from happening again for a long time.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of North Vancouver today at 604-725-3361 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.