Mould Growth in Wet Electrical Room in Vancouver, BC
Vancouver is Canada's third most rainy city, with over 161 rainy days per year. This much rain causes high humidity. High humidity doesn’t just affect how you feel in your home; it also affects the condition of your home. Too much moisture in the air can warp wood floors, peel paint and wallpaper, stain walls and ceilings and cause bad odors in your home. Often, this type of damage can lead to costly repairs.
Mould growth happened in this electrical room in a multi-family house in Vancouver without a proper ventilation system.
If You See Visible Mold
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of North Vancouver for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of North Vancouver specializes in mold cleanup and restoration--in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.