Mould Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mould Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mould Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
It only takes a small water leak, or even excess humidity, for mould to form in your Vancouver home or business. Then, mould can spread quickly through the property in as little as 48 hours. Mould can produce allergens and irritants, and it has the potential to cause other health effects. If your home or business has a mould problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mould infestation.
Learn more about mould and what to do until help arrives by reviewing these mould damage tips.
If You See Signs of Mould,
Call Us Today – (604) 725-3361
Confusion and misunderstanding surround the topic of mould and mould remediation. Some restoration businesses even make claims to remove all mould from a building. This is a fallacy. Mould spores occur naturally almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. These microscopic spores float along in the air and can enter a home or business through windows and HVAC systems. Consider these facts:
- Mould is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mould spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mould spores thrive on moisture. Mould spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mould remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mould may return.
- Mould often produces a strong, musty odour and can lead you to possible mould problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mould growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of North Vancouver?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
A minor mould problem can quickly become a major infestation if left untreated. We can start the remediation process immediately after you contact us. A faster response lessens the mould damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mould Remediation Specialists
We are trained mould damage specialists who get started quickly to get your home or business back to normal, with specific training and certifications to handle your restoration needs.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mould Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our initial focus is to stop the source of water feeding the mould. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber. We invest in ongoing mould remediation training and the latest equipment to serve you better
The Mould Remediation Process
Every mould infestation is different, from the amount of mould to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mould remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact - (604) 725-3361
- Inspection and Mould Damage Assessment
- Mould Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mould and Mould-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mould Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mould. Learn the facts about mould and the mould remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of North Vancouver is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of the Vancouver community. When you have a water or mould damage issue, we’re already nearby and ready to help.
We are also part of a national network of over 1,700 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.