Water Damage Tips
SERVPRO of North Vancouver is please to provide some expert tips for the customers regards to water damage mitigation and how to hire professional restoration company.
Water damage restoration is the work that must be dealt with quickly and effectively. Almost all insurance policies cover the cost of water damage. So hiring professional restoration company will not cost property owner too much.
SERVPRO of North Vancouver recommends steps to take immediately following a water damage event to help minimize secondary damages. (Including mold growth, damage to drywall, flooring and framing, moisture damage on books, paper and art.)
- Eliminate the source of water, if possible, or contact appropriate parties.
- If there is safe, turn off circuit breakers supplying electricity to wet areas.
- Remove and secure small furniture items to minimize rust or other stains.
- Place foam blocks or aluminum foil under legs of wood furniture.
- Prevent any water contact and furniture skirts and coverings.
- Remove books, paper goods, fabrics, potted plants, shoes that might stain the carpet.
- Remove and secure moisture sensitive or high value items.
- DO NOT stay in the building if you have respiratory problems, allergies and asthma.
- DO NOT Stay in the building if you have a weakened immune system or have age under 2 or over 60.
- MOST important, HIRE PROFESSIONAL WATER DAMAGE RESTORATION COMPANY.