How to Clean Air Ducts – Importance and Benefits
Why is Cleaning Air Ducts Necessary?
Cleaning air ducts in your home depends on many factors. When you operate clean air ducts, the ventilation system works better and for longer. There is less dirt emitting out of it, and the air quality improves. However, most homeowners ask about how to clean air ducts due to a lack of expertise or resources to carry out the activity efficiently. The air ducts in your home play a vital role in circulating clean air throughout the house. It takes air from the cooling or heating system and distributes it in each room, providing comfort irrespective of the season.
A dusty or unclean air duct causes contamination to combine with the air. It compromises air quality and causes potential heal issues like skin or respiratory problems.
The removal of dust and contamination within the duck work is the process called air duct cleaning. It includes air ducts for supply and returns and any diffuses or registers present in the room. Professional duct cleaners use powerful vacuums to whisk the dust and preventing it from circulating throughout the home.
Steps of Cleaning Air Duct Work
- The first step is to cover all the supply registers with paper towels. Supply registers are openings that supply the room with heated air. Covering the registers helps to keep dislodged dust from drifting while the cleaning process commences
- Turn the fan on to move the loosen dust after banging and brushing. Turn heating/cooling function off and keep the fan on only
- Ensure that the old filter in the furnace stays in place. It helps fan motor from pulling the dust that gets loosened
- Knock the dust and lose it by brushing and tapping on any accessible ducts present in the house
- Start sweeping the supply registers by keeping the hose of the vacuum near the register. The hose catches any dust that flows during the sweeping process and also clean return registers
- Turn the fan off and then clean blower compartments, and return air boot. This place gathers most dust, and vacuuming it will clear the passageway for clean air to pass
- The final step is to replace the filters in your ducts
Instead of asking How to Clean Air Ducts, have expert cleaners handle the activity and clean them with professional methods.
Benefits of Cleaning Duct Work
As a homeowner, you receive numerous benefits by having your air ducts cleaned. We have proposed a few of these benefits as under:
- It Helps Create a Cleaner Environment
Having your air duct cleaned improves air quality and makes the environment clean. Clean ducts prevent dust from circulating in your living space or settle on furniture. Instead of seeking an answer for how to clean air ducts, have professionals cleaners handle the job. Remember that cleaning air ducts reduces the efforts needed for dusting or interior cleaning drastically.
- Helps Breathing Easy
Clean air ducts help make breathing easy for everyone, even if no one has breathing problems or allergies. Dust and pollutants can cause anyone to sneeze or cough as well as sinus or bronchial congestion. Professionally cleaned air ducts promote a better environment for good air quality and easy breathing.
- Reduction in Allergens or Irritations
Air contains contamination and allergens in addition to dust and other microorganisms. It happens due to pet dander, bacteria, pollen, mildew, mold spores ad many different sources. Those who suffer from allergies, asthma, and other similar conditions become vulnerable to these airborne particles. A professionally cleaned air duct prevents these contamination from re-circulating in the air and promotes healthy living.
- Removes Odors and Un-Pleasant Smells
Clean air duct work help removes unpleasant smells or odors present in homes. Pets, food particles, paint fumes, tobacco, cleaning products, molds, and other sources create odors within the household. Sometimes with an air conditioner or furnaces, these odors circulate throughout your home. Sometimes the accumulation of dust and dirt for a long time also creates murky and dusty smells that flow through ducts. Deeply cleaned air ducts remove all odors and trapped particles, results in fresh-smelling air in the home.
- Improves Flow of Air
Clean duct work allows air to flow freely without obstructions. Air ducts that have a buildup of dust or debris restrict flow from the furnace or air conditioners. It means that the system has to put in more effort to send the air, resulting in reduced efficiency. A system with clean air ducts works efficiently and gives you a cost-effective performance.
Cleaning of air ducts is an important activity that improves air quality and prevents specific health hazards from happening. Cleaning Air ducts is an essential part of keeping your home environment from contaminating. However, the best bet is to have professionals commence the cleaning process. They have the resources and expertise to handle the process professionally.