Recent Unknown Posts
Know the Difference between Mold Removal and Remediation
Mod is a persuasive kind of fungi with over 100,000 known variations. Molds need a specific environment to grow and thrive. They often grow in dampness rich and water damaged areas. Prolonged exposure to mold does not only have adverse effects of health; it can eventually compromise structural integrity. Molds can thrive in harsh conditions, and sometimes drying the area is not enough. These fungi remain airborne and continue to thrive when it finds suitable conditions. Complete eradication is the only way to get rid of them.
However, most companies claim themselves to be the Mold Remediation Specialist in Vancouver or removal experts. These two terms have a thin line of difference that people often mistake during their service selection. As a client, you need to understand the difference between them to make the right choice for handling the problem.
Mold Removal and Mold Remediation
In terms of service, both these terms are interchangeable but achieving the former is technically impossible. This is because molds have microscopic spores spread throughout the outdoor and indoor atmosphere. Removal of microscopic spores is an impossible activity that most clients fail to evaluate. Many companies claim to eradicate the mold that you should not believe.
A simple cleaning of the patch of mold will not do the trick, as they will eventually grow back if the place remains damp.
Mold remediation is a multi-step process that returns the mold to its natural and acceptable level. Since you cannot eliminate the mold, the key here is to control its growth and mold remediation is the only way. Mold remediation specialists in Vancouver address the causes of mold outbreak and stop it from happening again.
The Process of Mold Remediation
Since mold remediation is the only logical way to keep the growth of mold from happening again. Mold Remediation companies have a specific way of determining and containing mold growth and development.
Steps in their remediation process include:
Remediation experts first address and inspect the area for visible signs of mold presence. Some experts take samples to determine the type of mold. They need to make inspections, as the spores are not dormant and have become airborne, ready to reproduce. The samples they take during inspection tells them about the possible solution to contain the outbreak. The assessment also tells them of the spore count and estimated level of contamination.
Once mold remediation specialists in Vancouver identify the affected area, they have to seal the point to prevent further contamination. The control method of mold depends on the location of its growth. If the presence is on a non-porous surface, then treatment from approved biocide might do the trick. If the development is on a porous surface like wood or wallboard, then the contamination may infiltrate beyond the surface. Depending on the severity of contamination, the material needs removal or replacement.
Experts use high-efficiency air filters in HVAC systems to filter that air and prevent the spores from turning into fungi. Experts also use special HEPA vacuum cleaners to pick up any spores depending on the level of contamination.
Remediation experts use various antimicrobial and anti-fungal substances (environmentally approved) to clean the colonies of mold.
After the cleanup and filtration, the mold removal specialists in Vancouver sanitize the house to complete the process. They use fogging equipment to deodorize the air and your belongings and recommend a thorough cleaning of clothes and curtains.
Mold remediation is the only way to ensure that the contamination stays under control and prevented from developing again. Removal removes patches of mold only and is a temporary solution. However, it does not stop the growth from happening again. We recommend taking help from remediation specialists to ensure control and contamination of fungi for long.
A Brief Overview of Puff Back and Its Prevention
What Is Puff Back?
Puff back occurs as a consequence of improper ignition of a furnace. If the oil burner fails to ignite, the fumes start to build up in the furnace. The fumes can eventually cause explosions inside the burner chamber. This explosion results in vaporization and expelling of soot throughout the place.
If you are among those who know little on puff backs, consider yourself lucky. Puff back not only occurs in oil or gas furnaces, but also in water heating systems. However, it more commonly occurs in furnaces. Services that specialize in Puff Back Cleaning usually assess furnace first and take necessary steps. Aside from soot, puff back also produces strong odors and explosive sounds similar to a combustion engine’s backfire. The vibrations produced due to explosions cause the soot to become loose and spread throughout the property. Soon after, black smoke starts emitting from the vents, and makes your home appear as if it is on fire.
Warning Signs of Puff Back
One of the most effective ways to prevent a puff back is to know the warning signs. You can catch the problem with the furnace or heating system immediately if you know about the potential signs. Service for puff back cleaning suggests looking for specific symptoms that include:
- One of the telltale signs is oil dripping from the area around the oil supply pipeline. Visible oil drops indicate that a puff back is about to happen. Drips may occur on the connectors or fittings along the pipes. It usually allows the air to enter while the system operates
- A small bang or puffing sound while starting a furnace or heating system is a sign of possible puff back. It indicates that there is some amount of un burnt oil present, which keeps igniting in the chamber. If you do not address these small puff backs, they may lead to a serious issue later
- Another indication of potential puff back or oil leakage is the vibration or rumbling sound after closing the furnace or boiler
- You might notice the presence of soot on furnace room, ceilings or walls, which is an indication that the appliance is not working properly
- A strange odor may arise from furnace due to non-ventilation of combustion gases. These gases buildup and eventually cause unexpected puff back
What to Do If Puff Back Happens
The first step when an event of puff back happens is to shut the furnace or heating system immediately. If there is too much smoke, the chance of fire or carbon monoxide, then you had better call emergency service. You need to take some steps after ensuring the safety of your building. These steps include:
- Take a picture of the event as evidence for an insurance company or emergency service
- Call a professional puff back cleaning company. They can assess the situation and recommend the necessary steps to make the heating system operational again. They have professional ways to clean the premises of smoke and soot
- Clean your furniture and other belongings. You might need to have your clothes, curtains and different fabric dry-cleaned. Dispose of any food that you feel contaminated
Preventing Puff Backs
You can prevent puff backs from happening by taking necessary precautions and noticing warning signs. Home or business owners that have oil, gas furnaces or water heaters know the warning signs to notice potential puff backs. If you feel like the system is not working correctly, call your repair service to address the appliance promptly. You can also prevent a puff back by taking few ways in consideration that includes:
- Notice the warning signs like oil leaks, loud noises on startup or shutting, production of too much soot or strange odors
- Call repair service if you happen to notice any signs or professional restoration company if the events happen
- Have your heating service regularly inspected and maintained
Do Not Try to Clean by Yourself
Having a technician fix the problem in the event of puff back is easy; the following cleanup is a tough factor. Puff back cleaning is a challenge that you should not take on your own. Cleaning is not about removing dust and dirt as the soot present is sticky and difficult to remove. It needs a particular method and material, or else it results in corrosion due to reactive chemicals. Soot released due to puff back covers a large area and is something tough to remove. Professional restoration companies use selected chemicals and techniques to remove the soot and odor without compromising the living conditions.
Puff back is a nightmare for homeowners that can happen anytime if you do not remain vigilant. Professional puff back cleaning companies are your best solution in such an event as DIY cleaning will do more harm than good. Keep the warning signs in the notice to prevent any potential puff back event or call a repair service for immediate action.
How to Clean Air Ducts – Importance and Benefits
Why is Cleaning Air Ducts Necessary?
Cleaning air ducts in your home depends on many factors. When you operate clean air ducts, the ventilation system works better and for longer. There is less dirt emitting out of it, and the air quality improves. However, most homeowners ask about how to clean air ducts due to a lack of expertise or resources to carry out the activity efficiently. The air ducts in your home play a vital role in circulating clean air throughout the house. It takes air from the cooling or heating system and distributes it in each room, providing comfort irrespective of the season.
A dusty or unclean air duct causes contamination to combine with the air. It compromises air quality and causes potential heal issues like skin or respiratory problems.
The removal of dust and contamination within the duck work is the process called air duct cleaning. It includes air ducts for supply and returns and any diffuses or registers present in the room. Professional duct cleaners use powerful vacuums to whisk the dust and preventing it from circulating throughout the home.
Steps of Cleaning Air Duct Work
- The first step is to cover all the supply registers with paper towels. Supply registers are openings that supply the room with heated air. Covering the registers helps to keep dislodged dust from drifting while the cleaning process commences
- Turn the fan on to move the loosen dust after banging and brushing. Turn heating/cooling function off and keep the fan on only
- Ensure that the old filter in the furnace stays in place. It helps fan motor from pulling the dust that gets loosened
- Knock the dust and lose it by brushing and tapping on any accessible ducts present in the house
- Start sweeping the supply registers by keeping the hose of the vacuum near the register. The hose catches any dust that flows during the sweeping process and also clean return registers
- Turn the fan off and then clean blower compartments, and return air boot. This place gathers most dust, and vacuuming it will clear the passageway for clean air to pass
- The final step is to replace the filters in your ducts
Instead of asking How to Clean Air Ducts, have expert cleaners handle the activity and clean them with professional methods.
Benefits of Cleaning Duct Work
As a homeowner, you receive numerous benefits by having your air ducts cleaned. We have proposed a few of these benefits as under:
- It Helps Create a Cleaner Environment
Having your air duct cleaned improves air quality and makes the environment clean. Clean ducts prevent dust from circulating in your living space or settle on furniture. Instead of seeking an answer for how to clean air ducts, have professionals cleaners handle the job. Remember that cleaning air ducts reduces the efforts needed for dusting or interior cleaning drastically.
Clean air ducts help make breathing easy for everyone, even if no one has breathing problems or allergies. Dust and pollutants can cause anyone to sneeze or cough as well as sinus or bronchial congestion. Professionally cleaned air ducts promote a better environment for good air quality and easy breathing.
- Reduction in Allergens or Irritations
Air contains contamination and allergens in addition to dust and other microorganisms. It happens due to pet dander, bacteria, pollen, mildew, mold spores ad many different sources. Those who suffer from allergies, asthma, and other similar conditions become vulnerable to these airborne particles. A professionally cleaned air duct prevents these contamination from re-circulating in the air and promotes healthy living.
- Removes Odors and Un-Pleasant Smells
Clean air duct work help removes unpleasant smells or odors present in homes. Pets, food particles, paint fumes, tobacco, cleaning products, molds, and other sources create odors within the household. Sometimes with an air conditioner or furnaces, these odors circulate throughout your home. Sometimes the accumulation of dust and dirt for a long time also creates murky and dusty smells that flow through ducts. Deeply cleaned air ducts remove all odors and trapped particles, results in fresh-smelling air in the home.
Clean duct work allows air to flow freely without obstructions. Air ducts that have a buildup of dust or debris restrict flow from the furnace or air conditioners. It means that the system has to put in more effort to send the air, resulting in reduced efficiency. A system with clean air ducts works efficiently and gives you a cost-effective performance.
Cleaning of air ducts is an important activity that improves air quality and prevents specific health hazards from happening. Cleaning Air ducts is an essential part of keeping your home environment from contaminating. However, the best bet is to have professionals commence the cleaning process. They have the resources and expertise to handle the process professionally.